GRNSW Release:
The return to racing at Gunnedah has been delayed due to ongoing delays to infrastructure upgrades.

The delays mean the Non-TAB meeting scheduled for Saturday, 2 September and the TAB meeting on Sunday, 10 September will not proceed.

The decision to delay a return to racing was made by Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW) in conjunction with the GBOTA.

GRNSW stewards will visit the Gunnedah track this Friday (1 September 2017) to inspect all racing infrastructure and assess the new lure drive system and the competence of the new lure driver.

If all the safety and welfare standards are met, the Gunnedah club will be cleared to commence trials at the track and GRNSW will schedule a Non-TAB race meeting at Gunnedah for Sunday, 10 September.

At this stage, the first TAB meeting at Gunnedah will now take place on Sunday, 15 October.

GBOTA Advice:
The Association is seeking to action all items as quickly as possible. The transfer to an electric motor means that the Club must give Lure Drivers time to adjust to the new system.

Pending the outcome of Friday's inspection, the Club will seek to hold trial asap after this date. Participants should keep an eye on our Gunnedah Greyhounds Facebook page as to updates on this matter.